What is ribeye steak?
Widely considered to be the tastiest steak, ribeye comes from the "rib" (the main muscle attached to the spine of a cow). This part of the cow does very little work during its typical day-to-day, therefore producing meat that is very, very tender. More often than not, ribeye steaks are also laced with ribbons of marbling (intramuscular fat), giving them their well-known rich, succulent taste. Package with Ribeye steaks
How to Cook Ribeye Steak:
- Take the rib-eye steak out of the packet and allow it to get to room temperature before cooking.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on high heat, and add two tablespoons of oil.
- Once the pan is hot enough, carefully place the sirloin steak into the frying pan.
- Add a knob of butter and spoon over the steak, while cooking it on each side.
- Cooking time for your steak depends on how you like to eat your steak; check our cooking times for how long to cook your steak each side*
- After you have cooked it, leave the steak to rest for at least five minutes, before serving.
- Blue: 1 min each side
- Rare: 1-2 mins per side
- Medium rare: 2-3 mins per side
- Medium: About 3 mins per side
- Well-done steak: Cook for about 3-4 mins each side
Serving tip: serve with chunky chips and grilled tomatoes.