How to Cook a Roasting Joint:
- Take the roast out of the packet and allow it to get to room temperature before cooking.
- Season the beef liberally with salt and pepper (and other seasoning you may like)
- Place it on a casserole dish and into the oven (pre-heated at 240 degrees) for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes drop the temperature down to 190 degrees.
- Check our cooking times to see how long you should leave it in the oven for (depending on how rare or well done you like it)*
- Once done, allow to rest for as long as it’s been cooking so the juices spread throughout the roast.
Package with Roast
- *Rare (with thermometer): Keep in the oven until the thickest part of the beef joint reaches 60 degrees.
- Rare (without thermometer): 10-15 minutes on the reduced heat.
- Medium (without thermometer): 15-20 minutes on the reduced heat.
- Well done (with thermometer): Keep in the oven until the thickest part of the beef joint reaches 80 degrees.
- Well done (without thermometer): 20-25 minutes on the reduced heat.