What is sirloin steak?
Sirloin steak is a cut of beef from the mid-back of a cow - between the fore-rib (in front), rump (below) and flank (below). The muscles that make up this region of a cow are used substantially during its life, and therefore sirloin steaks are often quite lean, with high protein and low intramuscular fat (‘marbling’). It has quite a strong flavour, and can thus be paired nicely with strongly flavoured sides or sauces. Package with Sirloin steak
How to Cook Sirloin Steak:
- Take the sirloin steak out of the packet and allow it to get to room temperature before cooking.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on high heat, and add two tablespoons of oil.
- Once the pan is hot enough, carefully place the sirloin steak into the frying pan.
- Add a knob of butter and spoon over the steak, while cooking it on each side.
- Cooking time for your steak depends on how you like to eat your steak; check our cooking times for how long to cook your steak each side*
- After you have cooked it, leave the steak to rest for at least five minutes, before serving.
*We recommend the following cooking times for a 2cm thick sirloin steak:
- Blue: 1 min each side
- Rare: 1-2 mins per side
- Medium-rare: 2 mins per side
- Medium: About 2-3 mins per side
- Well-done: Cook for about 4-5 mins each side