You can buy a share of a cow (that will ultimately be delivered to your house in a meat box) by clicking one of our ethically-reared cows (either premium or organic) shown on the home page. Opt for either the large or small box and then, alongside our set cuts, customize your preferred combination of minced meat products.
The cow you have bought a share of will only be sent for slaughter once it has been 100% crowd-purchased. It will take a further 3 weeks for the cow to be butchered and its meat matured for premium taste and texture. Thus, the average time between order and delivery comes to about 3-4 weeks. Throughout the process we'll send you four email updates:
- You’ll receive a message when your cow has been fully sold.
- Next, you’ll be informed when your cow has been sent for slaughter, at which time we’ll also be able to give you a more precise delivery date (this usually occurs about three weeks in advance of delivery).
- Just before the week of delivery, we’ll reach out to you to remind you that your beef is on its way! At this point, we’ll also give you the option to change your delivery day (either Thursday or Friday), location, as well as any supplementary notes you’d like our courier keep in mind when delivering.
- Finally, the evening before your meat box is sent out, our trusted courrier will send you a track and trace code. This will allow you to follow its journey and likely time of arrival.
We deliver on:
- Thursday: 08.00am – 12.00pm (midday)
- Friday: 08.00am – 12.00pm (midday)
Please note: Changes to your delivery day / address can only be made up to the Friday in the week prior to your delivery week! Past then, the best rearrangement of delivery possible is to have your box stowed in a safe place of your choosing or leaving it with a kind neighbour.